I'm JULIA KIM - an Independent Casting Director.
I created INVASIANLA to help Asian actors be better prepared for the increasing opportunities.
I have a wide range of industry EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE, including working with Asian American Filmmakers, Actors and Producers, as well as being a Hollywood to Asia casting conduit.
"I want more Asian talent to succeed in the business.”
invAsianLA is FOR ASIAN / ASIAN-AMERICAN:
• ACTORS trying to break in or get to the next level
• PRODUCTIONS seeking authentic casting
• Hollywood PANELS
• Media INTERVIEWS and opportunities
"To have been selected to The Academy as part of this group is especially special for me.”
I Help Asian Actors ASSESS THE BEST WAYS TO BE SUCCESSFUL in today's climate.
More generally, we will touch on:
• Your Actor goals
• What kind of Actor you see yourself as
• Steps to achieve your goals
• Classes you are or might consider taking
• Tools like headshots, reels, Websites, Social Media, etc.
• Comedy vs drama, TV vs film, commercials and scene study
• Audition protocols and what Casting Directors expect in the room
• Agent status / how to go about obtaining one
• Self tape techniques and suggestions
Specifically, we will discuss things like:
• Playing up your individuality in the Asian landscape
• Advice on headshots, dress, wardrobe, hair, accent, mannerisms, name and how to bridge the gap between traditional Asian tastes and western Asian tastes
• Advise on extracurricular acting activities